Introducing the new and more accurate TPP Featured Machine Rankings. We had several requests to rank our games, and for a long time it was a shoehorn routine (I like this more than that, so it goes here.) Now, Jeff and Don rated all the featured games on Pinside, then took the average of their Pinside ratings to determine the overall rank. Pinside allows the rater to determine how important various traits are to them (ie. art, sound, overall fun, etc.), so the rankings should be fairly ‘true’, based only on the opinions of two people though.
ANYWAY, here they are. A perfect game gets a score of 10.000, and then downwards from there. I’ve included our combined scores.
- Twilight Zone – 9.282 - Episode 2
- Judge Dredd – 8.866 - Episode 1
- The Addams Family – 8.518 - Episode 24
- Tales of the Arabian Nights – 8.38 - Episode 28
- Whirlwind – 8.2885 - Episode 23
- Elvira and the Party Monsters – 8.2775 - Episode 10
- Theatre of Magic – 8.228 - Episode 12
- Metallica – 8.112 - Episode 22
- Funhouse – 8.0995 - Episode 6
- Haunted House – 7.8925 - Episode 13
- Whitewater – 7.854 - Episode 18
- Medusa – 7.804 - Episode 25
- Congo – 7.736 - Episode 20
- Revenge from Mars – 7.7015 - Episode 16
- Bride of Pinbot – 7.6615 - Episode 3
- Taxi – 7.6615 - Episode 15
- NBA Fastbreak – 7.766 - Episode 9
- Doctor Who – 7.6195 - Episode 21
- Johnny Mnemonic – 7.5595 - Episode 29
- Mata Hari – 7.555 - Episode 19
- The Shadow – 7.3255 - Episode 7
- Scared Stiff – 7.1165 - Episode 10
- Iron Man – 6.9775 Episode 30
- Maverick – 6.539 - Episode 4
- Shrek – 6.46 - Episode 14
- Fish Tales – 5.9235 - Episode 11
It’s over, and we have a champion for 2014′s Pinball March Madness. Without further delay, I’m happy to announce that the Brian Eddy classic, Attack From Mars has won the competition. A great game by any measure, Attack From Mars now joins previous winners Twilight Zone and Medieval Madness. Thanks for all who voted and submitted brackets. Winners will be announced on the next show!
Attack From Mars – 2014 Pinball March Madness Champion
We were lucky enough to be asked by the show organizers of The Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown if we could do a live show on Saturday. Of course we agreed, and we had a fun conversation with attendees, including the legendary pinball artist, John Youssi! The audio might be a bit rough, but we just had a single mic to work with. Hopefully you all enjoy our live chat.
Podcast: Play in new window
So yeah, we are now schilling for NiftyLED.com and WizardAmusement.com! Go get some!
WE TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION GENE. Gene X. hooked us up with some interviews from the PinPin Women’s Only Tournament and we totally forgot to mention them! Sorry, Gene! They’re in this episode though, so check them out at the end of the show!
Podcast: Play in new window
We’ve arrived at the end, the last two games left standing are ready to duke it out for eternal glory. On one side, we have Attack From Mars, a Brian Eddy classic. On the other side, we have AC/DC, a newer effort from Steve Ritchie. Both games had to step over some tough competition to get here, so this round should be a great way to finish off 2014′s competition.
To vote, email us at pinballpodcast (at) gmail.com or PM Jeff through Pinside (jar155), KLOV (jar155), or RGP (Jeff Rivera).
Attack From Mars vs. AC/DC
For those who entered brackets, winners will be announced after the final round concludes. Voting will end on Friday night at midnight (PST).
We’ve made it to the Final Four, and it’s time to find out which two games will be going to the championship round. In our two match ups, we have Lord of the Rings facing off against Attack From Mars while Monster Bash and AC/DC duke it out in the second match up. Two modern Sterns versus two ’90s games from WIlliams. It doesn’t get much better than this.
- Lord of the Rings vs. Attack From Mars
- AC/DC vs. Monster Bash
To vote, simply email us at pinballpodcast (at) gmail.com or PM Jeff through Pinside (jar155), KLOV (jar155), or RGP (Jeff Rivera). Thanks for voting!
Ah, one more round until we find out who ends up in our Final Four. Monster Bash squeaked by Tron in the last round by a single vote, and Attack From Mars still looks to be unstoppable.
Remember, to vote on the current match ups, you need to email us at pinballpodcast (at) gmail.com or PM Jeff on Pinside (jar155), KLOV (jar155), or through RGP (Jeff Rivera). Voting will remain open in this round until Friday night at midnight PST.
Here is our Elite 8!
- Lord of the Rings vs. White Water
- Attack From Mars vs. The Addams Family
- Monster Bash vs. Tales of the Arabian Nights
- AC/DC vs. Star Trek: The Next Generation
Ah, it’s the Sweet Sixteen. We have some fantastic match ups here, including a Star Trek vs. Star Trek showdown. Remember, to enter your votes, you’ll email us at pinballpodcast (at) gmail.com or PM Jeff on Pinside (jar155), KLOV (jar155), or through RGP (Jeff Rivera). Here are the pairings.
- Theatre of Magic vs. Lord of the Rings
- Cirqus Voltaire vs. White Water
- Attack From Mars vs. Scared Stiff
- Spider-Man (Stern) vs. The Addams Family
- Monster Bash vs. Tron
- Indiana Jones (WMS) vs. Tales of the Arabian Nights
- Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. Star Trek (Stern)
- Wizard of Oz vs. AC/DC
The Round of 64 has come to a close and it’s time to enter the second round of voting. Voting will be handled the same way as the last round. You can either email us (pinballpodcast [at] gmail.com), send a PM through forums (jar155 on Pinside and KLOV), or contact Jeff through RGP (Jeff Rivera).
Three of our match ups in the first round came down to a single vote difference with Taxi, Doctor Who, and Revenge From Mars all getting by with no room to spare. Here are the Round of 32 match ups. Voting is now open!
- Theatre of Magic vs. The Shadow
- Judge Dredd vs. Lord of the Rings
- No Good Gofers vs. Cirqus Voltaire
- Bride of Pinbot vs. White Water
- Attack From Mars vs. Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- High Speed 2: The Getaway vs. Scared Stiff
- Jurassic Park vs. Spider-Man (Stern)
- Road Show vs. The Addams Family
- Monster Bash vs. Congo
- Tron vs. Funhouse
- Doctor Who vs. Indiana Jones (WMS)
- Taxi vs. Tales of the Arabian Nights
- Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. Revenge From Mars
- The Simpsons Pinball Party vs. Star Trek (Stern)
- Wizard of Oz vs. Creature From the Black Lagoon
- Iron Man vs. AC/DC
Round 1 voting is now open and we’re taking votes. Below are the match ups for the first round. You can log your votes by emailing us at pinballpodcast [at] gmail.com, sending a private message via Pinside (username jar155), KLOV (username jar155), or through RGP (username Jeff Rivera). You don’t have to have a bracket submitted to vote! Feel free to get friends and family to join in on the voting as well. The more votes we get, the more fun we have. In situations where a game is listed that has multiple varieties (Pro, Premium, LE), base your vote on your favorite version of that game.
Voting this round is open throughout today and tomorrow. The next round will open up on Wednesday. Here are the match ups to vote on:
- Theatre of Magic vs. Black Rose
- The Shadow vs. Guns N Roses
- Judge Dredd vs. Centaur
- Lord of the Rings vs. Firepower
- No Good Gofers vs. Elvira and the Party Monsters
- Cirqus Voltaire vs. Batman Forever
- Bride of Pinbot vs. Tommy
- White Water vs. Party Zone
- Attack From Mars vs. Flash Gordon
- Bram Stoker’s Draclua vs. Stargate
- High Speed 2: The Getaway vs. Black Knight
- Scared Stiff vs. Pinball Magic
- Jurassic Park vs. Cyclone
- Spider-Man (Stern) vs. Star Wars (Data East)
- Road Show vs. Terminator 2
- The Addams Family vs. Tales From the Crypt
- Monster Bash vs. Ripley’s Believe it or Not
- Congo vs. Diner
- Tron vs. Fathom
- Funhouse vs. Swords of Fury
- Cactus Canyon vs. Doctor Who
- Indiana Jones (WMS) vs. Xenon
- Fish Tales vs. Taxi
- Tales of the Arabian Nights vs. Sorcerer
- Star Trek: The Next Generation vs. Corvette
- Revenge From Mars vs. Pinbot
- The Simpsons Pinball Party vs. Haunted House
- Star Trek (Stern) vs. Safe Cracker
- Wizard of Oz vs. Batman: The Dark Knight
- Creature From the Black Lagoon vs. Maverick (true champ)
- Iron Man vs. High Speed
- AC/DC vs. Avatar
Good luck to everybody who submitted brackets. Participation is really high this year, so we’re looking forward to see how it all shakes out.