We’re not too proud to skip taking advantage of the March Madness trend. We’re running a tournament, hosted at Challonge, that will come complete with prizes for the most accurate bracket predictions. You’ll notice that we have more than 64 teams. Why? Because we can. This year it’s limited to modern pinball, but if this works out well, we’ll do three brackets next year (electronic, EM, and mixed). Yeah, it’s going to be a lot of work, but it should also be tons of fun!
To print a copy of the bracket, visit: http://challonge.com/PinballMadness2012
Here are the full instructions on how to participate:
- Visit http://challonge.com/PinballMadness2012 to view and print the bracket
- Fill out the bracket with your predictions, including the 3rd place matchup (losers of the semifinal matches)
- Either scan or take a clear picture of your bracket, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vote as the rounds open up for voting. We’ll post notices here, on RGP, Pinside, and KLOV.
- Keep track of your bracket’s performance as each matchup is determined
- At the conclusion, email the number of picks you got correct to email@example.com.
- The highest number of picks wins a prize from The Pinball Podcast and bragging rights for a whole year! Any ties will be broken based on the most correct picks in later rounds (starting with finals, and going a round backwards as necessary). We will verify all final total claims.
- You MUST have your bracket emailed to us before first round voting starts, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Voting will begin March 26th, 2012.
- Have fun!
Voting will be held via email and will be a blind vote. You’re free to reveal your votes in forum threads, but it’s not required. Your votes will be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and instructions on how to do so will be posted with each voting round announcement.
Once again, view/print the bracket at: http://challonge.com/PinballMadness2012